100% pure and organic pea protein
Healthwell Organic Pea Protein is a high-quality organic pea protein. The eco-label shows that strict requirements have been set for the entire journey, from how it has been produced to how it has been stored. The protein is made from peas and is therefore completely plant-based and naturally gluten-free. In order to keep its contents as clean as possible, Healthwell Organic Pea Protein is also completely free from additives and flavourings. Perfect for a filling snack or a tasty smoothie!
- 100% plant-based
- 80% protein
- Natural taste - flavour it yourself!
- Free from additives and sweeteners
Mix and flavour yourself
Healthwell Organic Pea Protein does not contain any additives or added flavourings. Therefore, you can choose how you want to flavour and sweeten it. If you want to have it completely as is, you can also mix Healthwell Organic Pea Protein with the drink of your choosing. Our organic pea protein is simply a flexible and versatile alternative for people with an active lifestyle, or those who find it difficult to get enough protein through the diet.
Protein is needed to build everything from enzymes and cells to hormones. It’s also important for the immune system. In protein, there can be up to 20 different amino acids, of which 9 are essential. Since the body itself cannot produce these essential amino acids, we need to get them through the diet. Many people who want to build muscle usually think a lot about their protein intake, as muscles mainly consist of protein. It’s also good to have as a snack, as protein is filling.
Combine with rice or oat protein
The protein’s amino acids decide which function a particular protein has. Different combinations of amino acids result in different functions in the body, and the ratio between them is different depending on the protein source. Pea protein has a broader amino acid profile than other plant-based proteins, but is not complete. To get a complete amino acid profile, which is good for absorption and the quality of the protein, pea protein can be combined with rice protein or oat protein. They are based on different grains, which complements the amino acid profile of the pea protein well.
What does it mean if a pea protein is EU-organic?
In organic food production, biodiversity, the conservation of natural resources, environmental practices and strict animal welfare are observed (1). In order for a product to be labeled as EU-organic, the label used within the EU, a product must meet strict conditions that apply to the entire production chain. The product must contain at least 95% organic ingredients, and the other 5% must meet additional strict conditions (2).
In organic crop production, it is important to promote soil fertility and to allow for perennial crop rotation and a cycle of organic material. Therefore, fertilizers, compost and plant protection products should only be used if they comply with the principles and objectives of organic production. In general, the EU requires that an organic food must be produced without synthetically produced chemical pesticides and without artificial fertilizers. In organic production, genetic engineering is also prohibited. In addition, organic production should rely mainly on renewable resources (3).
The symbol Vegetarian Friendly indicates that the product's content is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
1, 2 & 3 EG. 2007. Rådets förordning (EG) nr 834/2007 om ekologisk produktion och märkning av ekologiska produkter och om upphävande av förordning (EEG) nr 2092/91. (Retrieved 2021-09-24)