Make Your Own Body Butter
A creamy body butter is perfect to moisturise your skin with after a shower, or whenever the body needs a little extra moisture and nutrition. With this simple recipe, you can quickly make your own body butter with shea butter and coconut oil as a base.
|• 100 ml shea butter|
|• 50 ml coconut oil|
|• 2 tbsp almond oil|
|• Essential oil of your choice with the desired scent or property|
Proceed as follows:
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a water bath on low heat.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. The texture should still be soft, but not runny.
- Mix the mixture with a hand mixer or an electric whisk so that it becomes fluffy.
- Pour in the almond oil a little at a time while stirring with a ladle.
- Add a few drops of essential oil and stir.
- Pour into shallow jars with tight-fitting lids. Store your body butter in a cool, dark place to make it last longer.
If you wish, you can replace the almond oil with argan oil. You can also skip the essential oil if you do not want this in your body butter. Feel free to moisturise yourself immediately after showering, when the skin is still slightly damp for best absorption of the oils.
- Essential oils suitable for body butter:
- Lemon has a fresh, fruity scent that gives you an invigorating lift
- Lavender has a soothing and floral scent
- Cedar wood smells woody and feels soothing to the mind
- Rosemary smells herbal with undertones of mint and wood
- Eucalyptus is very refreshing and feels cooling