Chrome 250 Plus
- Normal blood sugar levels
- With cinnamon and licorice root
- Product description
- Nutritional content
supplement with 250 mcg of chromium
Healthwell Krom 250 Plus is a high-dose chromium supplement with 250 mcg of chromium per capsule. Chromium is an important trace element that in the body is part of GTF, or gluten tolerance factor. GTF is a hormone that contributes to the body's metabolism of glucose (sugar) and thus to normal blood sugar levels. Chromium 250 Plus also contains licorice root and cinnamon extract, both of which are popular ingredients in dietary supplements for weight control. Krom 250 Plus comes in flexible vegetable capsules that are suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
- High dose chromium
- 250 mcg per capsule
- Contributes to normal blood sugar levels
- With licorice root and cinnamon extract
- Vegan friendly
What function does chromium have in the body?
Chromium is an important trace element that contributes to the metabolism of glucose in the body by acting as part of the Glucose Tolerance Factor, or glucose tolerance factor in Swedish. Glucose Tolerance Factor (GTF) is a hormone that promotes the tissues' uptake of glucose from the blood, which in turn affects the body's blood sugar levels. Chromium interacts here with peptide hormones that regulate blood sugar. Thanks to chromium's involvement in this process, it has recently become a popular supplement among people who want to reduce their sweet tooth. It has also been highlighted in studies regarding weight control, among other things it has been investigated how supplements with chromium can affect the weight of overweight people with promising results (1).
However, it is still not established that chromium can counteract sweet cravings. What is known, however, is that chromium contributes to balancing blood sugar levels, and that a drop in blood sugar levels can cause the desire for sweets to increase.
Enriched with cinnamon extract and licorice root
Krom 250 Plus also contains added licorice root and cinnamon extract. Cinnamon is believed to be able to help lower blood pressure and reduce insulin sensitivity, which studies have also shown (2). Insulin is the hormone that allows glucose to enter the cells. Licorice root has long been used for its purported health benefits. Licorice root is, among other things, rich in antioxidants, B vitamins and salicylic acid. It is also a popular ingredient among people striving for weight control.
Can you ingest too much chromium?
Chromium is a so-called trace element that is stored in the body. You should therefore not ingest too much chromium. The European Food Safety Authority, EFSA, has established a maximum daily intake of 300 mcg of chromium per kg of body weight per day. Healthwell Krom 250 Plus has a dosage of 250 mcg per day. The dosage is 1 capsule daily with a meal.
1. I Onakpoya, P Posadzki, E Ernst. 2013. Chromium supplementation in overweight and obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. (Retrieved 2022-07-22)
2. Joanna Hlebowicz, Anna Hlebowicz, Sandra Lindstedt, Ola Björgell, Peter Höglund, Jens J Holst, Gassan Darwiche, Lars-Olof Almér. 2008. Effects of 1 and 3 g cinnamon on gastric emptying, satiety, and postprandial blood glucose, insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide, glucagon-like peptide 1, and ghrelin concentrations in healthy subjects. (Retrieved 2022-07-22)